Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another year....

So today is my birthday and I wasn't too excited about turning another year older. Once you leave your 20s, birthdays aren't as much fun. However it really was a great day! The day started off with donuts at work, then a free lunch and wonderful flowers delivered to me from Drew (thanks mom!) Then after work it was off to my aunt's for a birthday dinner which was great....until it happened...Drew said his first word or rambling of words and it was.....Da da da da da da!!!! Not ma ma ma ma ma. How depressing, I want him to speak so badly, but I want him to say mom, not dad. On my birthday Drew speaks and it happens to be da da...what a drag! But Mike is on cloud nine so I guess I'll just have to wait until Mike's birthday to hear Drew say ma ma! Just kidding, but either way, it's exciting and I'm really happy that my little man is starting to talk, I probably won't feel that way when he's a teenager, but right now it's pretty cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody told me it's easier for a baby to contort his mouth to say "da-da" than it is to say "ma-ma," so don't take it as a sleight. I'm sure he'd tell you how much he loves you if he could.

Bob said...

I'm pretty sure those weren't actual words - or at least they weren't intended to be. They were probably just the result of some oral experimentation.