Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Where did the time go?

Tomorrow is Drew's birthday. He was born at 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 31. All day today I've been thinking back to last year at this time. I was in the hospital freaking out because my little boy wasn't suppose to be born until Feb. 14. I became sick on Dec. 26 and waiting until Dec. 29 to head to the hospital. After hours and hours of trying to get myself and the baby stable, the doctors finally decided we couldn't wait anymore because it would be too dangerous for the both of us. I remember all day on the 30th, being told I was going to have my baby and it would be OK, but I knew it was too early. I just wanted to go home and wait 7 more weeks. But he came early and after only a few weeks in the NICU, he was home.

This last year has been the best of my life, he has grown so big and everyday he learns more and is becoming a little man. Happy birthday Drew..mommy loves you!

No comments: