Saturday, January 24, 2009

we have a walker.....

It's official! We have a walker. For weeks, actually months now, Drew has been walking around holding on to stuff. He holds on to chairs, table, the wall, and walks along them. Some times he'll let go for a moment only to grab on to something else. But today all that changed. He officially walked on his own, holding on to nothing and he not only did it once, but many, many times, almost to the point that the cheering and encouragement I was giving him became forced. I mean after like the 17 th time saying "good boy," it kind of looses it's appeal. However it's still very exciting!!! I've wanted him to walk on his own for a while now and he's finally doing it....it's both a happy day and a little sad, because it just reminds me again how fast his growing up and how he's now, according to the baby books, a "toddler" and no longer my little baby.

No comments: