Monday, February 16, 2009

First day of school

Today Drew started Daycare. He's always been watched by family, but today he's off at daycare, hopefully having fun and making lots of friends. I told myself all weekend I'd be fine, I'd hold it together and it wouldn't be a big deal. So we get to daycare, the teachers are so sweet. Drew goes in, looks around, and gives my neck a death grip as to say "don't leave me!" I spoke with his teacher, while holding him and we were both fine. Then I tried to put him down, he cried. So I picked him put, all while still holding it together on my end. Then the teacher took him, showed him the room, the toys, and put him in a highchair to get ready for breakfast. I kissed him goodbye, he seemed fine and ready to eat, I walked out of the room...and lost it. I didn't stop crying until I got to work.....hopefully tomorrow goes better....for both of us!

No comments: