Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Baby Genius

I’ve always said that my child will be smart. Smarter and more advanced than most children. When Drew was born a preemie, I was told that he’d be behind for the first year or two. I was ready to accept that, but in the back of my mind, I was hoping they were wrong. He’s now doing everything on schedule, holding his head up, rolling over, cutting teeth, so I’m beginning to think there’s nothing to worry about. I’ve now told myself that he will be a normal, on schedule child. But lately he’s amazing even me. I now feel he’s a little baby genius. At exactly six months old today (or I guess it was technically in between yesterday and today since he was born on the 31st) he’s mastered the art of turning on his singing Elmo toy that is attached to his car seat. The last few days while riding with him in the car, I’ve heard the toy go off, figuring he hit it by accident or something. But today I watched him. I put his car seat in the car and then watched him for a minute. He grabbed the toy and hit it until hitting just the right spot to make it start singing. The entire car ride, he continued to hit it every time it stopped playing. I tell you, the kid is a genius and I always knew he would be!

1 comment:

Bob said...

Yeah, this stroke of genius is going to annoy the crap out of you after a few weeks of Elmo.