Monday, July 14, 2008

Feeling lucky...

This weekend we had a family picnic with all my mom's side of the family. It was nice and the rain held off just long enough for Drew to be the center of attention and get love and attention from all his aunts, uncles and cousins.

Drew was great all day. He didn't cry and he wasn't fussy and he entertained everyone with his smiles and giggles. I started to think how lucky I am to have such a happy baby. When Drew was younger, he had his moments, like when we tried to take him to a restaurant or to Target, but over the last few months he's been great. He can go to the store, a restaurant or even just to visit someone and he's great. Doesn't get fussy or upset. He usually laughs, plays and then falls asleep. I use to feel like I couldn't take him many places, because "what if," what if he got fussy, what if he started to cry, I just didn't want to deal with that and be that parent with the crying baby. But now I feel very thankful that that phase has passed and Drew is happy and loves going places, like the zoo, and can be happy and content for hours just watching everything. I guess it's true what people have been telling me...he's just nosy like his mom!

1 comment:

Bob said...

I don't think this phase has passed. Just wait until he's a moody toddler. Or an antsy kid. Or an angsty teenager.

You're not out of the woods yet. Heck, you're barely in the woods.

:)