Sunday, March 16, 2008

Baby on Board...

As I was driving by myself today I saw a car with one of those "Baby on Board " signs in the window. I've always hated those signs. It's like saying "you can't hit me because I have my kid in the car." Like if other drivers will back off because you have a kid on board. Even now as a mother I still think those signs are stupid. However I did start thinking about the way I drive and if I drive differently now when I have my son in the car....the answer is "yes!" I'm not a bad driver and I never drive crazy or out of control, however I am guilty of driving while talking on the phone or changing the radio station and not paying 100 percent attention to the road at all times. However when I drive with Drew I don't do any of those things. I'm more aware of the cars around me and even a little more "gun shy" when it comes to pulling out or changing lanes. I don't think I mean to do this, it's just a reaction because I know he's in the car and there's no place we need to get to in that big of a hurry that risking an accident could be justified.

1 comment:

Justin said...

I don't know how you could be any MORE gun shy than you were before. Too funny.