Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The do's and don't of cereal

At some point I think you just have to say "OK, this is my kid and I'm going to do what I think is best for him and to heck with everyone else." Lately I've been getting a LOT of advice about how to get Drew to sleep through the night...something which at almost three months old he's still not doing. Some people tell me not to let him sleep during the day or evening....well that's WAY easier said then done. If he wants to sleep, there's nothing you can do to keep that kid up.

I've also been told that I should start giving him cereal at night to make him sleep through the night. This sounds like a good idea, I have friends and family who are currently doing this with their infants and it's working....but Drew's doctor said no. Is she always right? What would it hurt if I tried it? Is he different then these other infants because he's a preemie? So this is my newest dilemma ....listen to other mom's, a medical professional or my own gut....who do I go with and when do I get some sleep at night?

1 comment:

SusanIsk said...

It was great to meet Drew (and you) today at Justin and Sarah's, he's a handsome fellow!