Sunday, March 30, 2008

Drew is not a shopper

Yesterday we took Drew shopping for the first time. I figured he'd enjoy being in the store with the lights and the sounds. I was wrong. About five seconds after we entered Target he began screaming. I could feel the eyes of other parents staring me down, I started to freak. I didn't want to be the lady with the screaming baby. As Mike and I quickly moved into the store, I scrambled around in the diaper bag, thank goodness I had packed a small bottle of Pedialyte. It was amazing, the kid was calm and happy. As we rushed through the store, picking up diapers and larger bottles, Mike held the bottle up to Drew's mouth and everything was fine. After Target we should have learned our lesson but we decided to push our luck, Drew had fallen asleep so we figured we stop for a bite to eat. He was great in the restaurant, however to be fair he did sleep the entire time. Then it was off to Babies R Us. Mike said if he was going to be good in any store, it would be the store that was filled with stuff for him...that logical was lost on a three month old. After a quick stop in the Mother's Room to change his diaper we were out of the store almost faster then it took for us to get in. I guess he's just not ready to become a shopper or he's already picking up on a common male trait, either way I think we'll skip the family shopping trips for awhile.

No comments: