Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Just wish he could talk....

For the past two days Drew has been crabby, not just fussy, but down right crabby, screaming his head off and turning himself purple. The fits don't last all day, but when they happen, it sure feels like it's all day. He started out being fussy Monday morning while I was getting him ready to go to his Aunt Beryl's for the day. Then an hour after I got to work, Beryl called to see what was wrong with my son. She said she couldn't get him to stop crying. The kid started crying when I left and had continued screaming for over an hour. Everything they did to make it better didn't work. Then finally, he fell asleep. When he woke up, he was happy and playful. She was puzzled and I was stressed. It sucks being at work knowing your son is upset! Then when I picked him up Monday night, he started the screaming all over again...it was a long night. Then Tuesday was almost a repeat of the same. However this morning he was happy and playful, no crying and no screaming. He's not sleeping very much during the day or evening, it's almost like he's worried he'll miss something good so he fights off sleep. I keep thinking he must just be overly sleepy and that's why he's screaming, or maybe he's got gas...the kid does fart A LOT! Or maybe he's gums are hurting him, he could be cutting teeth and he does drool a lot more than normal. Whatever it is, I just wish he could talk and tell me what's wrong!

No comments: