Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Grandparents are a welcomed break

Mike's dad and step-mom are visiting this week from Florida. It's great that Drew is getting a chance to spend time with them and they are getting to know him. The other plus is that mom is getting a break. I love the little guy more than anything, but since he was born I've been the main caregiver for him. Although Mike will take him for a minute here and there, he's not exactly sharing the "load" of baby duty...which is normal for most dads..I guess. With that being said, my days start with feeding and changing Drew, then getting ready for work while I try to keep him entertained. Then it's off to dress him, take him to the sitters and then work. After work it's off to pick him up, get him home, feed him and spend the rest of the night juggling him and the other dozen things I have to do to get ready for the next day....it's a little overwhelming. However this week with the grandparents in town I'm getting a break and let me tell you, I could get use to this......any out of town visitors that need a place to stay come on over, I'll trade you a place to stay for baby duty....that sounds fair, right?

No comments: